Meetings are held on the 2nd Thursday of every month (except January) at
6.15pm for a 7pm start
Bayside Community Church (Salvation Army)
Cnr McDonald Rd & Macarthur St, Alexandra Hills.
Currently for ROGI financial members only, until the precautions around COVID-19 are over. Currently you do not need to make a booking to attend a meeting. See current month’s newsletter under the RESOURCES tab.
At ROGI meetings, you can
- hear guest speakers presenting on a broad range of gardening-related topics
- seek or give helpful advice and support
- contribute to, or benefit from, the swap and share table
- meet like-minded gardeners and develop friendships
- enjoy supper after the meeting – a good time to chat - supper discontinued until COVID-19 is resolved
- discuss successes and seek solutions for failures in your garden
- borrow from the comprehensive library (members only)
- purchase items from the Seed Bank
Come at 6.15 for 7.00 pm start so you can browse the various offerings.
SEED BANK – organic and locally-grown seeds for sale. Also seedlings and larger plants for sale.
LIBRARY – large range of books, magazines and DVDs – for members only
PLANT CLINIC – bring along your plant problems for help and suggestions from other members
FIELD TRIPS – low cost or free to members only
WORKSHOPS - occasional workshops as the need or opportunity arises. Low cost or free for members only.
GARDEN VISITS - every month (except December and January) Social, inspirational and educational. Free for members only.
NEWSLETTER – Monthly, informative and educational
STALLS - various stalls selling goods such as honey, soap, jam, face masks; occasional seasonal produce; some hard-to-source gardening inputs such as biochar and rock minerals; sustainability items to help you reduce waste in your life.