ROGI meetings are held on the 2nd Thursday of every month (except January) at:
6.15pm for a 7pm start
Bayside Community Church (Salvation Army)
Cnr McDonald Rd & Macarthur St, Alexandra Hills
At ROGI meetings you can:
- hear guest speakers presenting on a broad range of gardening-related topics
- seek or give helpful advice and support
- contribute to, or benefit from, the swap and share table
- meet like-minded gardeners and develop friendships
- enjoy supper after the meeting
- discuss successes and seek solutions for failures in your garden
- borrow from the comprehensive library (members only)
- purchase items from the Seed Bank and other stalls
SEED BANK – organic and locally-grown seeds for sale.
LIBRARY – large range of books, magazines and DVDs (for members only).
PLANT CLINIC – bring along your plant problems for help and suggestions from other members.
STALLS – various stalls selling goods such as seedlings and larger plants; honey, soap, jam, face masks; occasional seasonal produce; some hard-to-source gardening inputs such as biochar and rock minerals; sustainability items to help you reduce waste in your life.
NEWSLETTER – Monthly, informative and educational.
Other ROGI Events
GARDEN VISITS – held regularly to member's gardens. Share ideas about what, where and how to grow fruit and vegetables organically in your space. Social, inspirational and educational. Free for members only.
FIELD TRIPS – low cost or free to members only.
SEED SAVERS GROUP – free to all members. Meetings held bi-monthly (morning or evening) at Linda Brennan's house in Capalaba. Receive expert tuition on how to save seeds and about additional topics related to growing organically; share seeds with other members; add to our Seed Bank of locally grown seeds.
WORKSHOPS – occasional workshops as the need or opportunity arises. Low cost or free for members only.